About time Early Decision is investigated. Collusion among competing entities is uncool & illegal. The link to the full article is below, the DOJ is asking ED colleges for the following info:
- "Agreements, both formal and informal, to exchange or otherwise disclose the identities of accepted students with persons at other colleges or universities.
- Communications with persons at other colleges or universities relating to the transmission of identities of accepted students, including the justifications for such transmission.
- Internal documents relating to the transmission of identities of accepted students to or from persons at other colleges or universities.
- Communications in which identities of accepted students are sent to or received from persons at other colleges or universities.
- Communications with persons at any other college or university relating to any student accepted at the college or university.
- Records of actions taken or decisions made based in whole or part on information received from another college or university about the identities of accepted students.
- Admissions records of any individual identified in any transmission as accepted by another college or university, including applications from, internal analyses of, and communications with the applicant."
Tangentially related: when you're persuaded to choose test prep or private college counseling, are you sure that recommendation is honest, or might there be kick-backs to the referring mom, educator, or tutor? If it's legitimate, they should always reveal that a professional referral fee is involved.
Foley Prep never engages in hidden incentives to get referrals or reviews ... we've grown over 50% each year on the merits alone!
This was originally posted on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/tutoring.