Growing by 50% each year since 2013
Here are links to our full-service "hubs" in New Jersey: Warren Township (Somerset County), Holmdel, and Rumson-Fair Haven. We'll have 5 by the end of 2018. Nothing compares to walking into a place where whip-smart teachers are collaborating for one purpose: to help your child learn how to be successful.
FOLEY PREP is proud of our 700+ seniors getting into colleges this year! ivy admits: Brown, Columbia x2, Cornell x2, dartmouth, UPenn x3, Princeton x2, Yale
Our average class size is 3 students. We canceled less than 1% of our classes in 2017.
academic & test prep Tutoring
Choose from our group of experienced Foley Prep Pros who know how to improve kids' confidence and mastery of content. Your tutor will consult with you and your child at every step along the way. View our getting started page, or view our New Jersey team and philosophy page.
- Tutoring for a wide range of academic subjects to AP and college level
- Advising to help you make good decisions throughout your experience
- 3 hubs in New Jersey that are comfortable, fun learning environments
- Guaranteed score improvement - click here
- No extra charge for awesomeness
SAT & ACT classes
Our average class size is 3 students. Maximum class size is 8 students. Foley Prep Pros adapt classes to attend to the individual needs of each student. Foley Prep is attuned to the subtleties of the SAT and ACT to help students master the underlying conceptual and procedural understanding these exams are currently testing.
- Prepping at Foley is usually a 3-4 month process, and every kid goes at his or her own pace. We will phase your child into the program with a free initial diagnostic SAT or ACT or by selecting any of our classes at our Rumson-Fair Haven, Holmdel, or Warren Hubs.
- Check out our Get Started Page to learn how the program works.
- A typical class has 3-4 students; after a couple of minutes of settling in, we start with a targeted set of problems which the teacher reviews. Within each session we cycle through direct instruction of concepts, problem sets and review, and strategy review to keep things moving and productive.
- By registering 24 hours in advance (most people book classes 2-3 weeks in advance), you ensure that we can adapt each lesson to attend to your child's individual needs.
- Sit for a practice test every 3-4 classes - these are an excellent way to practice pace and attain mastery. Analyzing these tests also helps Foley Pros target specific concepts to help individuals progress in our program.
- Guaranteed score improvement - click here
In 2017, our unique class system helped more than 700 students achieve higher SAT and ACT scores. So far 2017/2018 academic year, 5 class students got 35s on their ACTs and many more have made gains of 6-8+ points on their ACTS and 200+ points on their SATs. The average Foley Prep ACT or SAT class is 3 students - and the maximum is 8 students. We personalize each lesson to address students' areas of weakness so no two lessons are the same. Five day Boot Camps before each test are highly effective as intensive reviews and can have up to 20 students.
What makes Foley better than the rest...
test prep and admissions zealotry!
Professor Ronald Foley is a lifelong student, academic, and educationalist who grew up in Haddonfield, New Jersey. He has officially scored thousands of SAT essays for the College Board. Thanks to his SAT tutor, Myles Bass, Ron scored 1540 (scales up to 1580 on today's test) on his SAT which got him a full scholarship to study Art and Art History in the Rutgers College Honors Program. Myles's overall positive effect also inspired Ron at an early age to become a test prep virtuoso.
After a decade working as an award-winning Director for Kaplan Test Prep and The Princeton Review (when both companies were decent to work for), Ron earned his M.S. in Pure Math and is now a doctoral candidate at Rutgers. He is a tenured Professor of Mathematics at Middlesex County College, so he enjoys helping students of all levels, especially those that struggle. He has assembled a team of dedicated, full-time, permanent experts that leverages its strengths and Ron's methods to help your child maximize his or her score. Foley Prep Pros are experts in each topic and strategy and continually adapt methods, topics, and questions to address the needs of every class. With top test scores and degrees from Caltech, NYU, Brown University, Columbia, Johns Hopkins, and the Rutgers College Honors Program, our team rocks. View team and philosophy.
Some test prep 'gurus' lose perspective. Professor Foley knows that enabling his teachers to shine sets the right example for our students to do likewise. In this spirit, good teachers need autonomy. Foley Prep Pros have the autonomy to adapt every lesson and instruction to meet the specific needs of students,
Professor Foley has observed, evaluated, and trained more than 500 teachers in his lifetime. Foley Prep Pros are retained for their subject mastery and ability to connect with - and motivate - kids. We add only the best tutors to our permanent faculty of 10 year-round, salaried, full-time Foley Prep Pros. All are committed to your child's success. What other prep service builds in up to 2 hours of prep time for each teacher, every day? View team and philosophy.
Practice SAT's and ACT's every weekend for increased accountability
We proctor SATs and ACTs every weekend during the school year and more frequently during the summer. We suggest students take these tests regularly, about every 3-4 sessions, to practice the concepts and strategies they are learning as well as build endurance for the exam. Taking regular practice tests is also a good way to limit the amount of homework we assign. Feedback is immediate and personalized tips and strategies are included. Individual test reviews are arranged by request as hourly tutoring sessions. View practice test schedule.
Great value on 1-on-1 private tutoring and class packages. View pricing.
Meet your Foley Prep Pro online if you can't meet at a hub. Some students do both - some weeks online, others in person, while others meet entirely in person, while still others meet entirely online. Your choice! View Foley Prep Online.
INSIGHTS INTO ADMISSIONS AND TESTING
Professor Foley has visited more than 250 colleges and is the 1,000th member of HECA. He is also a member of NACAC, NJACAC, NCTM, and MAA. In 2002, he scored thousands of SAT essays for the College Board. He has been to more College Board and admissions conferences than he'd ever care to admit.
Ron meets regularly with senior-level leaders in education who influence the direction of standardized tests. We know where the SAT is today, and where it's going tomorrow.
If you are looking for concierge-level admissions consulting for college, prep schools, or graduate schools, visit FoleyCollegePrep.com.
Foley Prepsters make Bigger Score Gains in Less time
We've been expanding in New Jersey for good reason: our students make huge strides on their standardized test scores and in their grades because our teachers are incredible. Most are full-time, permanent, salaried employees. Not all students start out excited to get tutored or go to an SAT or ACT class, but bring them to Foley and you will see a transformation. We use quantitative data that we gather on each student (we keep records on each student's performance over time) as well as qualitative data (that's the people-part: we attend to learning affect through humor, thoughtful teacher-moves, and when all else fails, waffles) to make learning relevant, efficient, and fun. View team and philosophy.
Inspired, relaxing learning "HUbs"
After working for The Princeton Review and Kaplan for more than a 10 years (then teaching HS math before becoming a tenured math professor), Ron opened his first office in 2006. Our newest hub is in the storied Bell Works building in Holmdel. Now there are 3 full Foley Prep Hubs and one satellite office.Students learn better in a controlled setting away from the distractions of home and the dullness of school. Our faculty gains from the collaborative atmosphere in which we exchange ideas to individualize learning for each child. View Foley Hub locations.
Accessible 365 days a year. classes and tutoring 300+ days a year.
Private tutoring for a wide range of tests and academic topics and an ACT/SAT program that is the most effective and simple to join anywhere. We are almost always open 6 days a week and offer 2 SAT classes and 2 ACT classes every night - and more on weekends. View schedule.
Flexible scheduling tailored to each child
With our help, select from classes that progressively eliminate your child's weaknesses. Book them weeks in advance or the day before. No two kids take the same path through Foley Prep. We recommend at least 10 Foley Prep classes or private tutoring appointments between any two tests. Students can join any week, pause, then continue. View our getting started page.
12 Ivy Admits!
Last year we had 12 Foley Prepsters admitted into the Ivy League. We've had 8 far in the 2017/2018 season.
Notables about our services and subjects taught:
- SAT and ACT small classes (max size 8 students) and private, 1-on-1 tutoring.
- Practice full-length, official SATs and ACTs every weekend.
- HS entrance exam prep for MCVSD, SSAT, COOP, and ISEE.
- Graduate school exam prep for LSAT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT.
- Academic subject tutoring college prep, honors, AP-level, and college-level. Algebra, Geometry, PreCalculus, Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Computer Science (Java, Python, C, C++), English Literature, History, Environmental Science, and more.
- Concierge admissions consulting for prep schools, college, and graduate school.
- Boot Camps for SAT and ACT Monday-Friday leading up to most SAT and ACT tests.